I am currently looking for opportunities in mobile development (iOS), interactive media, game technologies, or similar fields. See my resume below.
I am a master’s graduate from Chicagoland seeking employment in interactive media, mobile, or games. Eager to grow as a developer, help solve problems, and learn. I’m intrigued by software that brings good or joy to people.
- Part-Time Unity Programmer
Spherical Cow Games; Online
June 2014 - February 2017
- Implemented data-based game asset systems as per project specifications.
- Used Unity Editor classes to create and edit custom level mission data that is serialized as ScriptableObjects.
- Made an advanced data asset system for Unity for the facilitation of RPG games (progression, stats, and abilities). Created data for developer use in ScriptableObjects and data for game use in XML files.
- Voluntary Part-Time Unity Developer
October 2014 - March 2016
- Made an software system for Unity to observe audio output and offer the decibel and frequency of the current output. Used the audio output to manipulate various elements in a scene with various scripts (like light intensity, material color, object position, prefab swapping, texture swapping, mesh deformation, wireframe toggle, field of view, etc.).
- Made a script to detect a player entering a trigger zone and made several scripts to perform different tasks based on entering trigger zones (like triggering animations, music, waypoint movement, wireframe toggle, trigger particles, prefab swapping, camera switching, object shaking, etc.).
- Quickly implemented new functionality with script-based programming to manipulate Unity objects in various ways (as mentioned above).
- Mobile & Web App Development Contractor
The Mx Group; Burr Ridge, IL
February 2014 - March 2014
- Mostly performed maintenance programming on a client web project, and helped resolve an issue with publishing a mobile app for another client project.
MS in Game Programming (Applied Software Engineering)
DePaul University; Chicago, IL
September 2014 - November 2016
BS in Game Development (Programming Concentration)
DePaul University; Chicago, IL
September 2009 - June 2013
iOS 11 Development with Swift 4
Udemy (September to November 2017)
Finished learning basics of iOS development by making several app projects. Recieved Udemy certificate of completion. Taught by Devslopes.
China Study Abroad – Shanghai & Beijing
DePaul University (August 2016)
Visited cultural sites and software companies, in Shanghai & Beijing, to learn about collaboration and outsourcing. Trip lasted about 10 days.
Game Engine I, II, & III
DePaul University (September 2015 to June 2016)
Made an OpenGL-powered game engine for Windows that includes a skinned animation system.
DePaul University (September to November 2015)
Learned Android API and IDE, and made a simple app for tracking time spent on creative hobbies.
DePaul University (April to June 2015)
Learned multithreading primitives in C++11, including mutexes,
lock_guard’s, and more.
DePaul University (January to March 2015)
Made space invaders with design patterns, including command, strategy, state, observer, etc.
DePaul University (September to November 2014)
Learned optimizations in C++, involving padding, const correctness, and alignment, and more.
C#, Swift, C++, Unity3D, Visual Studio, MonoDevelop, Xcode, Interface Builder, Cocoa Touch/UIKit, CocoaPods, Android Studio, Git, Github, SourceTree, BitBucket, Perforce, SVN, OpenGL, GLSL, YAML, JSON, Java, Objective-C, Unix Terminal, Windows, macOS, Ubuntu
Minapps Alarm Clock
Bedside alarm clock app for iOS
Made using Swift 4, Xcode, Cocoa Touch, and Core Data
Digital Orrery Sandbox Game for Ludum Dare Game Jam
Made using C# and Unity3D
3D Graphics Engine for Windows
Made using C++, OpenGL, YAML, and Visual Studios
2D Game Sprite Engine for macOS
Made using C++, OpenGL, YAML, and Xcode
Procedural Texture Library for Windows
Made using C++, OpenGL, and Visual Studios
Chott for Android
Time Tracking App for Android
Made using Java, Android Studio, and JSON
Input Library for Unity3D
Made using C#, Unity3D, and XInput.NET
Art, Design, Games, Photography, Linguistics, Technology, Lyric-free Music, Travel, Spirituality, East Asian Cultures