Sea2D is a 2D Game Sprite Engine written in C++ for macOS. Sea2D stands for “Sprite Engine Apple 2D”. It was part of grad school individual research project.
Note: None of the art is made by me! Any art is only used for demonstration. Art made by Kenney.
- Working C++ powered graphics engine on macOS
- Data assets to allow tweaking outside engine code using YAML
- Sprite system using spritesheet texture and YAML data file
- Bitmap font system using glyph-sheet texture and YAML data file
- Support for frame-animated sprites
- Simple scene graph system with Entities (ie: GameObjects) and Behaviors (called “Components” in Unity3D)
- Floating point math utility functions
- Fast 3D vector & matrix library as foundation for fast graphics rendering
- Advanced 2D camera system that allows rendering on a subsection of the game window (or render on the whole window)
The project was written using at least Xcode 7.3 or greater on macOS 10.11.